If you have been asking the question, “How many years does it take to study nursing in Nigeria?”, note that it takes 5years to study nursing in Nigeria. The 5years study will be in a recognised and accredited Nigerian university. More details on the number of years it takes to study nursing in Nigeria will be given as we continue.
As a nursing aspirant in Nigeria, it is very important that you have good knowledge of what nursing is all about before enrolling in a Nigerian university to study the course. One of the basic questions you should ask first is “How many years does it take to study nursing in Nigerian university?”. This question is very vital because, knowing it will help to prepare your mind for the problems and stress associated with the study of nursing in Nigeria.
It is for this reason, i published this short article to guide all nursing aspirants in Nigeria. Trust me; you will love this short article.
So like i said, it take 5years to study nursing in Nigeria. The 5years study will be spent in a Nigerian university where students will be taught many courses. In Nigerian university, 1year is divided into 2 semesters. Thus, to graduate as a nursing student in Nigeria, one must have passed 10 semesters (That is for 5years).
Nursing courses in Nigeria
Below are some of the nursing courses in Nigerian universities:
- Genetics for Medical Students
- Nursing Administration & Management Practicum
- Foundations of Nursing I
- Principles of Psycho-Social Nursing.
- Health Economics
- Medical Jurisprudence.
- Medical-Surgical Nursing 1
- Basic Nutrition in Nursing
- Public Relations in Nursing
- Community Health Nursing Clinical
- Guidance & Counseling in Nursing.
- Gerontology/ Geriatric Nursing
- Nursing Seminar
- And more.
Do all Nigerian universities allow the study of nursing?
No. Not all Nigerian universities allow for the study of nursing. There are many private and state universities in Nigeria that don’t allow for the study of nursing. In my own opinion, it is pertinent to confirm that nursing is allowed in your desired Nigerian university, before applying for nursing there. No university in Nigeria will give admission for a course they do not offer.
- Law courses offered in Nigerian universities.
- Most populated universities in Nigeria.
- Less competitive universities in Nigeria
OK. Now you know the exact number of years it takes to study nursing in Nigeria. Hope you enjoyed this short post? Well, if you still have questions to ask me, you can use the comment section below this post. I will be glad to give you a reply.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
- UNICAL Admission List for 2021/2022 Session: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Batch - January 21, 2021
- JAMB Change of Course, Institution & Data Correction 2021/2022 [UPDATED] - January 21, 2021
- JAMB Form 2021/2022 is Out: Starting, Closing & Exam date - January 21, 2021