UNIUYO Admission Requirements: Apparently, 2021 admission exercise has began already. Many students are preparing to pass WAEC examination and some are preparing for JAMB UTME. Nevertheless, it is important; as an aspirant of the prestigious University Of Uyo (UNIUYO), to know the admission requirements for UNIUYO in 2021. This is because, it is most likely that you will not be offered admission into the university, if you do not meet all the requirements set by the university.
In most cases, Students tends to over look this and only depend on their grades, while the truth still remains that they ate lot more of things to be considered before you’re granted admission for your choice of studies in the University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
UNIUYO Admission Requirements
Admission into Bachelor’s degree programmes in uniuyo is done through the JAMB: Joint Admission and Matriculation Board.
List of all the Courses/Departments in UNIUYO
The purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to benefit from the programme. For entry into the Bachelor’s degree programmes, candidates are normally admitted through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry or through the Pre-degree Programme. Candidates are made to go through the screening test for all modes of admission.
- ADMISSION THROUGH UNIFIED TERTIARY MATRICULATION EXAMINATION (UTME)
Candidates seeking admission into uniuyo through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) should meet the following requirements: (i) West African School Certificate, General Certificate of Education (Ordinary Level) or Senior Secondary School Certificate with at least credit passes in five subjects, including English Language at not more than two sittings or equivalent qualifications (e.g. Merit in Teacher’s Grade II Certificate in approved subjects is recognized as equivalent to credit in the Senior Secondary School Certificate).
(ii) Satisfactory performance in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
(iii) Satisfactory performance in the Post-UTME Screening Exercise conducted by the University.
- ADMISSION THROUGH DIRECT ENTRY (DE)
Candidates seeking admission into the University “uniuyo” through Direct Entry should posses, in addition to ordinary level requirements, one of the followings:
(i) General Certificate of Education at Advanced Level in at least two relevant subjects.
(ii) Ordinary National Diploma (OND) at Upper/Lower Credit level from recognized institutions.
(iii) Higher National Diploma (HND) at Upper/Lower Credit level from recognized institutions.
(iv) Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) with a minimum of merit in the relevant subject(s) from recognized institutions.
(v) Bachelor’s degree from recognized institutions.
In addition to the above-stated general requirements, Departmental admission requirements stipulated by the University and reflected in the Brochure of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) must be met by candidates.
Note: Admission Requirements are subject to review from time to time.
- Admission Criteria for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MB.BS) Degree
Candidates are admitted to the MB.BS Degree Programme either through the competitive JAMB examination, using accepted JAMB criteria for a six year programme; or by Direct Entry for a given year programme for candidates with AI Level GC/HSC or a good class degree in the Sciences. For candidates admitted through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), a credit pass in five subjects in the SSCE/equivalent examination at not more than 2 sittings of each or any combination of the examinations; in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and English Language are mandatory requirements. For Direct Entry students, a good grade pass in the following subjects: Chemistry, Physics, Biology or Zoology, plus a credit pass in English Language at WASCE or an equivalent examination; or a good class degree in the Sciences plus. a credit pass In .English . Language at WASCE or an equivalent examination are required.
DEFERMENT OF ADMISSION
Deferment of admission takes place in a situation in which a candidate who has been offered admission is unable to take up the admission in that academic year. For deferment of admission to be approved by Senate, the candidate must:
1) have appeared for screening and was found qualified for registration in the Department into which he was offered admission;
2) have formally accepted the admission and paid the Acceptance fee;
3) have one of the following reasons for deferment:
(a) financial constraint
(b) ill-health, in which case, he must submit a Medical Report authenticated by the Director of Health Services of the University.
(c) non-release by employer
(d) family problem
Under no circumstance should a candidate defer admission in order to make up for deficiency in admission requirements.
- UNILORIN Admission Requirements 2021/2022 (UTME & DIRECT ENTRY)
- University of Ilorin Courses,Fees and Admission Requirements. 2021Latest
- polytechnics That Go for NYSC in Nigeria (Private,Federal and State)-Top 100
SUSPENSION OF STUDIES:
A registered and matriculated student of the University “uniuyo” can suspend his studies under the following conditions:
1) The student must have undergone screening, got registered and commenced studies for a period of time;
2) The student must have proffered the following reasons:
(a) financial constraint
3) The suspension of studies should normally be for a maximum period of one academic year in the first instance.
4) The application for suspension of studies should be submitted through the Head of Department to the Dean of Faculty.
5) The Faculty Board should deliberate on it and make a recommendation to Senate through the Business Committee of Senate.
Am sure this will really work for you,if you encounter any difficulties while following this steps you can drop your comments and I’ll be ready to reply without delay.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
- List of Schools of Nursing in Nigeria & School Fees (2021) - February 24, 2021
- UNIABUJA School Fees for 2020/2021 [New & Returning Students] - February 23, 2021
- JAMB Subject Combination For All Courses 2021/2022 [Art, Sciences, Engineering, Social Sciences] - February 19, 2021