The university of port Harcourt (UNIPORT) is one of the best 20 universities in Nigeria. It was established in 1975, after the Nation University Commission (NUC) declared it a full fledged university of its own. Gaining admission into UNIPORT is not very difficult, as long as you meet all the admission requirements stipulated by the university management. Weather you are a UTME candidate or direct entry candidate, you must provide all the 2019 UNIPORT admission requirements before you can be offered admission into the university.
Now, you may be asking, “What are the UNIPORT admission requirements?”. That i actually what i will be answering today. This page contains UNIPORT requirements for both post UTME and direct entry admission.
UNIPORT admission requirements 2019
Below are the requirements for admission in UNIPORT:
- Both direct entry and UTME candidates must be at least 16years of age to be offered admission.
- UTME candidates must have a minimum of 5 (five) credits (Including English and Mathematics) in their O’level result (E.g WAEC/GCE, NECO, NABTEB).
- Direct entry candidates must register for UNIPORT direct entry form before the stipulated deadline.
- Candidates must score at least 150 in 2019 JAMB UTME examination.
- Candidates are expected to take UNIPORT post UTME examination and pass with at least 120.
- Candidates must use the correct JAMB subject combination for their courses in both JAMB UTME and Post UTME screening.
- Candidates who are offered provision admission by UNIPORT must pay their acceptance fee on time, to full accept their admission.
- Candidates must make sure that their name is consistent with the name in any certificate they intend to use for admission.
- Lastly, direct entry candidates must provide their Degree Programme results, showing CGPA as applicable.
Candidates who make the University of port Harcourt their first choice, have better chance of gaining admission.
There shall normally be no “direct entry” admission into the second year of degree programme.
OK! That is all on UNIPORT admission requirements for 2019. Note that these requirements will be updated whenever the university makes any changes. Meanwhile, if you have any question concerning these requirements, ask me using the comment box below.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.