Last Updated on February 8, 2020 by Oyeniyi Michael Barry
Osun State University Cut Off Mark 2020/2021 (JAMB & Departmental).
UNIOSUN Cut Off Mark For 2020/2021 – There are certain criteria to be observed by every universities before being admitting students to study in any of the courses. One of these includes meeting the required cut of mark for each courses. I can say It is very easy to obtain admission if one has met the required cut off mark for the admission in a particular course and in jamb generally.
Osun State University is one of the top state universities owned by the government of Osun State. If you are an aspirant of this school and you want to know Osun State University Cut Off Mark For All Courses, then this article is then for you, as I will give you an explicit details on UNIOSUN departmental and jamb cut off marks for all courses offered in the institution.
Uniosun Cut Off Mark 2020/2021
The UNIOSUN Jamb cut off mark for this year is out and it’s placed on 180. Although, as at last year, Osun State University Cut Off Mark For Jamb was pegged at 160, this was made necessary based on some conditions which will be made known later in this article.
But those interested in courses like Accounting, Political Science, Nursing and Law are to score nothing less than 200 in Jamb, while those who couldn’t meet up with the score are given the liberty to change to other courses.
Here are the list of courses offered in the school as well as their respective cut off marks:
Osun State University Cut Off Mark For JAMB For All Courses
- – Accounting – 200 and above
- – Agricultural Economics – 160 and above
- – Agronomy – 160 and above
- – Anatomy – 160 and above
- – Animal Science – 160 and above
- – Banking and Finance – 160 and above
- – Biochemistry – 160 and above
- – Business Administration – 160 and above
- – Chemistry – 160 and above
- – Computer Science – 160 and above
- – Economics – 160 and above
- – Education and Biology – 160 and above
- – Education and Chemistry – 160 and above
- – Education and Economics – 160 and above
- – Education and English Language – 160 and above
- – Education and History – 160 and above
- – Education and Physics – 160 and above
- Education and Political Science – 160 and above
- – Educational Management – 160 and above
- – Electrical / Electronic Engineering – 160 and above
- – English and International Studies – 160 and above
- – English Language – 160 and above
- – Estate Management – 160 and above
- – Fisheries and Aquaculture – 160 and above
- – Fisheries and Wildlife Management – 160 and above
- – French – 160 and above
- – French and International Studies – 160 and above
- – Geography – 160 and above
- – Geology – 160 and above
- – Guidance and Counseling – 160 and above
- – History and International Studies – 160 and above
- – Home Economics – 160 and above
- – Industrial Chemistry – 160 and above
- – Industrial Relations and Personnel Management – 160 and above
- – Law – 200 and above
- – Library and Information Science – 160 and above
- – Linguistics – 160 and above
- – Literature in English – 160 and above
- – Mathematics – 160 and above
- – Mathematics and Education Technology – 160 and above
- – Mechanical Engineering – 200 and above
- – Medicine and Surgery – 200 and above
- – Microbiology – 160 and above
- – Nursing / Nursing Science – 200 and above
- – Physics with Electronics – 160 and above
- – Physiology – 160 and above
- – Plant Biology – 160 and above
- – Political Science and International Relations – 200 and above
- – Public Health Technology – 160 and above
- – Sociology – 160 and above
- – Urban and Regional Planning – 160 and above
- – Vocational and Technical Education – 160 and above
- – Wildlife Management – 160 and above
- – Zoology – 160 and above
It is imperative to noted that meeting the jamb cut off does not actually guarantee your admission into Uniosun as there are still more important requirements to attain that will determine if a candidate will be given provisional admission. It is necessary we clarify this so as to cut off confusion among students who will find themselves scoring high marks in Jamb and won’t be offered admission.
Now, here’s the gist. After you have been able to meet the UNIOSUN Jamb cut off marks as stated above, it is also a must you meet up with the departmental cut off mark set by the university’s authorities.
However, don’t be discouraged of very high scores in Jamb, as the higher your jamb score, the higher your chance of being admitted by Osun State University. If you are going for competitive courses, I would personally advice you pray well, because a lot of people with different connections are aiming for the department you are aiming for even those that didn’t meet both UNIOSUN Departmental and Jamb Cut Off Marks.
UNIOSUN Departmental Cut Off Mark 2020
The Osun State University does not actually have a specific cut off mark for all courses offered there. However, candidates who have scored a minimum of one 180 in Jamb UTME examination as stated earlier are eligible to apply for admission into any of their choice courses.
Below are details of courses offered in the university as well as their required cut off marks and requirements;
- 220 – 240 >> Medicine and Nursing(O’ Level result with one sitting only)
- 200 >> Mass Comm, Law, Pharmacy, Anatomy and Physiology.
- 190 >> Computer Science, English Language, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Geology, all engineering courses except Agricultural and Biosystem Engineering.
- 180 >> All other courses
Things are actually done one after the other. Uniosun is yet to conduct their post Jamb screening exercise (just like various other schools in the country), and this is what will determine when the departmental cut off mark will be released.
Candidates should note that this is what will actually determine if their department of choice will admit them into the institution or not, and should also note that it is totally different from Jamb’s cut off mark.
After the release of the departmental cut off mark, some departments will be on the high side, while others on the low side. This will actually be determined by various factors. For instance, departments with a lot of aspirants will surely get a high cut off mark.
This will make it easy for the management to disqualify a large chunk of them, so they can keep only the number they can make do with for that session. Additionally, if they aspirants vying for a particular course performed exceptionally well, it is necessary to place the cut off mark in a high spot (since the school can’t admit beyond a particular number of students).
If you are an aspirant of Osun State University, please note that the management of the institution is yet to announce the commencement of the sales of the post utme screening exercise form. If in case you come across someone mischief people stating otherwise and even asking you to send some money to afford particular account number so as to guarantee you admissions, please kindly ignore them and run away from such. Whenever it is time, Osun State University will tell you how to go about registering for the exercise.
Candidates who won’t be admitted into the institution might consider checking elsewhere or wait till next year to try again. However, it is necessary to add that if you couldn’t pick an admission this year, don’t lose hope and don’t feel bad. It happens at times, and we only learn (and should move forward). Don’t entertain negative thoughts, and don’t allow anything to make you see yourself a failure (you see not a failure). Just ensure you begin to prepare from now, so things will be easier for you before next year.
Yeah!, This is all we have to say for now on the topic UNIOSUN Cut Off Marks 2020/2021. I hope you were able to get UNIOSUN departmental and Jamb cut off mark for all courses in this article?. However, you may drop your phone number in the comment below to be added to our UNIOSUN Admission Guide WhasApp Group Now!!!
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!