Attestation of Results is given to a candidate whose certificate is damaged or missing.
It carries the passport photo the candidate submitted during application
You can get Attestation of result to replace your lost certificate.
If you have lost your West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination result, dont panic, you can still get a replacement from the West Africa Examination Council (WAEC)
Since we now know what an attestation of result is, and it is clear that you can get yours if your certificate gets lost, here are the requirements you need to fulfill before WAEC issues you with one.
In 2015, WAEC introduced ”Attestation of Results” that can be obtained on request for people who can’t find their original WASSCE result.
SEE ALSO: May/June WASSCE clashes with 2021 UTME
And according to the council, the attestation of result can be used to replace the lost result/certificate.
If you can’t find your SSCE result or certificate again, here is all you need to do to get a replacement from WAEC.
According to WAEC, you have to;
1. Write a letter of application.
2. Get a police report on lost or damaged certificate.
3. Provide a photocopy of the lost or damaged certificate.
4. Submit two recent passport-sized photos.
5. Get a sworn affidavit for collection of Attestation of Result.
6. Pay an administrative fee of N20, 000.