Information reaching us now shows that the prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University (Also called OAU) has release her 2020/2021 departmental cutoff marks to the general public. Notice on the just released OAU departmental cutoff mark was made through the university’s official website (oauife.edu.ng) in September 2020.
In light of this information, students who wishes to study in Obafemi Awolowo University, and took part in the university’s Post UTME examination, are highly advised to go through the OAU departmental cutoff mark below. It is important to note that these cutoff marks are the minimum scores set by OAU, for students who want to gain admission into her various departments.
Is OAU 2020/2021 cutoff mark out?
The answer is No! The Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) has not yet release her 2020/2021 departmental cutoff mark. However, it is certain that the university (OAU) will release it before the end of September 2020. If you want to be officially informed whenever the cutoff mark is out, i enjoin you to check back on this page subsequently. It will be posted here immediately the university publishes it online.
What is JAMB cutoff mark for OAU in 2020?
JAMB cutoff mark for OAU in 2020 is 180. This means that, before any student can be offered admission into OAU through JAMB CAPS, he/she must score at least 180 in JAMB UTME examination.
Nevertheless, this does not imply that your admission is certain as long as you have up to 180 in JAMB. To gain admission into OAU, you must meet the university’s cutoff mark for the course you intend to study.
Must Read: Courses offered in UNIZIK (2020/2021).
OAU DEPARTMENTAL CUTOFF MARK FOR 2019/2020
FACULTY OF ADMINISTRATION
- Management and Accounting – 253.0
- International Relations – 233.0
- Local Government Studies – 210.0
FACULTY OF LAW
- Law – 291.5
COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
- Medicine – 275.0
- Dentistry – 260.0
- Medical Rehabilitations – 248.0
- Nursing – 249.5
FACULTY OF TECHNOLOGY
- Agricultural Engineering – 200
- Chemical Engineering – 250
- Computer Engineering – 250
- Computer Economics – 217
- Computer Mathematics – 250
- Elect/Elect Engineering – 252
- Food Engineering – 200
- Food Sci. & Technology – 200
- Material Science & Eng – 200
- Mechanical Engineering – 248
FACULTY OF PHARMACY
- Pharmacy – 252
FACULTY OF ARTS
- Drama – 269.5
- English – 270.5
- Literature in English – 253.0
- French – 259.0
- German – 249.5
- Portuguese – 226.0
- History and His./Inter. Rel – 252
- Linguistics – 258.5
- Yoruba – 200
- Music – 236
- Philosophy – 260
- Religious Studies – 239
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- Education/ English – 275
- Education/Yoruba – 200
- Education/Fine Arts – 200
- Education/Music – 200
- Education/CRS – 200
- Education/French – 220
- Education/History – 200
- Education/Economics – 240
- Education/Geography – 200
- Education/Political Science – 243
- Education/Social Studies – 208
- Education/Language Arts – 210
- Education/Guidance & Counselling – 212
- Physical & Health Education – 200
- Education/Biology – 211
- Education/Chemistry – 212
- Education/Physics – 215
- Education/Maths/Integrated Science – 200
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- Agric. Economics – 200
- Animal Science – 200
- Agric. Extension and Rural Sociology – 200
- Family Health and Nutrition – 200
- Crop Production and Protection – 200
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- Applied Geophysics – 200
- Biochemistry – 200
- Botany – 200
- Chemistry – 200
- Engineering Physics – 200
- Geology – 236
- Industrial Chemistry – 200
- Mathematics – 200
- Statistics – 200
- Microbiology – 234
- Physics – 200
- Zoology – 200
FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN & MANAGEMENT
- Architecture – 229
- Building – 214
- Urban & Reg. Planning – 208.5
- Quantity Surveying – 215.5
- Fine Arts – 200
- Estate Management – 218.5
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Demography & Soc. Statistics – 209
- Economics – 271.5
- Geography – 216
- Political Science – 268
- Psychology – 244
- Sociology & Anthropology – 242.5
How to calculate 2020 OAU post UTME aggregate
If you have been searching for how to calculate your OAU post UTME aggregate, simply follow the steps in this section to do that. Meanwhile, below is the grading system for O’level result (WAEC/NECO):
A1 – 2points
B2 – 1.8points
C4 – 1.4ponts
C5 – 1.2points
C6 – 1point
Note: Calculate your O’level scores for your 5 most important subjects only.
After using the system above to calculate your O’level result,
- Divide your JAMB UTME score by 8.
- Decide your Post-UTME score is over 40.
- Lastly, add all of them together (I.e your O’level grade, JAMB UTME and Post UTME together).
- That is your OAU aggregate.
OAU admission requirements 2020
While you are checking the departmental cutoff mark for your course, it is important to know that OAU has other requirements that must be met before they will offer admission to any aspirant. Below are the UTME requirements for admission in OAU:
- Candidates must score at least 5 credits (Including English language and mathematics) before they will be offered admission.
- If Post UTME examination is to hold, candidates must take part and must do very well in the examination.
- Candidates must have attained the age of 16 to be offered admission into any faculty in OAU.
- Candidates cannot use results of more than two sittings to apply for admission.
- Most populated universities in Nigeria.
- Law courses offered in Nigerian universities.
- Courses allowed in FUTA (2020/2021).
Okay! There you have OAU departmental cutoff mark for 2019/2020. Remember to keep checking this page if you want to be informed whenever OAU departmental cutoff mark for 2020/2021 academic session is out. Meanwhile, if you have any question as regards this cutoff mark, ask me using the comment box below.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!