The NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship Scheme – This is to announce to general public of Nigerian Undergraduates that NNPC/SNPCo National Scholarship Scheme is now open for application for undergraduate students in Nigerian Universities.
On this note, The full details about NNPC/SNEPCo Scholarship Eligibility, Application Procedures, Deadline and all information are all Contained in this article. Trust me you’ll understand when you read this article painstakingly as I take the lead!
NNPC/SNEPCo Scholarship Eligibility
Below are the eligibility checks that students willing to apply for this scholarship opportunities must meet. however, make sure you’re up-to all of this to avoid disqualification.
- Be a citizen of Nigeria
- Currently be in their second year of full-time study in a Nigerian University accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC)
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 in a 5 grade system
- Not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship (National or International)
NNPC/SNEPCo Scholarship Courses of Study
Eligible students must either be studying one of the under-listed courses in Nigerian universities. Only then you are invited to submit an electronic application:
- Agricultural Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Geosciences / Geology
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Materials / Corrosion Engineering
- Mathematics / Applied Mathematics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Physics / Applied Physics
How to Apply for NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship
Also, Below are the Application Instructions you need to follow to make sure things run fine.
- Every applicant should have a valid personal email account and phone number.
- Applications by eligible candidates should be submitted online at https://scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo
- Candidates should include personal and educational details in the application.
- Applicants should upload scanned copies of the following as part of the application:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant in JPEG format, and not more than 200 kilobytes;
- University or JAMB Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Result;
- O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable;
- Letter of Identification from State of origin indicating applicant’s local government of origin;
- Academic results for 100 level.
To apply, you’re to follow the steps below attentively:
- Click on “Apply Now” tab.
- Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
- Proceed to your email box to activate your account
- Click on https://scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo to return to Scholarship site
- Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
- Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
- Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
- Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
- When asked to upload photo, upload a pass-port photograph with a white background.
- Recheck application information to avoid errors
- Click “Apply Now” to submit information
- You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.
- Return to https://scholastica.ng/ , enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
- Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
- If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN),
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the 37 capture centres www.nimc.gov.ng/pages/general/enrolmentcentres.htm to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
- Return to https://scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
Applications should be submitted on or before October 23, 2021.
The examination date will be communicated to shortlisted candidates only.
- Scholastica is the official platform for the NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Beware of fraudulent websites when applying for the NNPC/SNEPCo scholarship online. Such websites may ask you to make some payments in the course of the application. These are completely faux sites which should be avoided. NNPC/SNEPCo scholarship application is FREE.
- NNPC/ SNEPCo will not accept email applications. It is important to visit the official Scholastica website for detailed information and to access the online application portal.
- NNPC/SNEPCo is committed to providing scholarship opportunities that are not associated with application fees.
- NNPC/SNEPCo DOES NOT ASSIGN Representatives/Agents to assist applicants.
- Any candidate found to have presented false documents will be disqualified or withdrawn at any level of the scholarship process.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a computer-based test
1. Are scholarships awarded for one year or are they guaranteed for all study years?
Scholarships are renewable through graduation. Recipients are expected to maintain high academic / ethical standards, and other conditions outlined in the scholarship award letter.
2. Does SNEPCo charge a processing fee for scholarship applications?
No. SNEPCo does not charge any fee for processing applications. There are no fees at any stage of the scholarship award cycle.
3. WHO CAN APPLY Who is eligible for SNEPCo national merit university scholarships?
Undergraduates in 200 level in universities in Nigeria
4. Can I apply if I am going to a vocational school?
5. Do I have to be a Nigerian Citizen to benefit from the scholarship scheme?
Yes, you must be a Nigerian citizen. Permanent Residents are not eligible for the Scholarship Award.
6. Do I need to be accepted into a particular university in Nigeria, before I apply for the scholarships?
You should be a student of a recognised university in Nigeria, as listed with the National Universities’ Commission (NUC).
7. Which university may I go to, to qualify for a scholarship?
You may attend any university in Nigeria – Federal, State or Private – recognized by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
8. Can I apply if I attend a degree awarding institution that is not a University?
In order to qualify for the program, you must be a student of a UNIVERSITY that is recognised and approved by the National University Commission (NUC).
9. I am a resident of the United Kingdom. Can I apply for the scholarship?
Yes, you can apply, only if you are a Nigerian that has gained admission into, and is attending a university in Nigeria.
10. I am neither a Nigerian citizen, nor do I reside in Nigeria. Can I still apply for the Shell University Scholarship?
No, the scholarship is available only to Nigerian citizens, attending universities in Nigeria.
11. If a student is in a remedial year (that is year 0 of the university programme) can he / she benefit from the University Scholarship Scheme?
12. Must I be between a certain age group to qualify for the scholarship?
No. I have applied before; can I apply again this year? No.
13. HOW TO APPLY / COMPLETING THE APPLICATION When is the scholarship application due?
The application deadline is as stated in the advert for the specified academic session. Students are encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of the deadline.
14. How do I apply? You must use the format advertised and provide all the required documentation. The application format and conditions are available on www.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo
15. What do I need to submit with my application, to ensure it is a complete application?
You must read the details of each scholarship award category carefully and provide the documentation requested.
16. Can I fax or email the application or supporting documents to SNEPCo?
No. Faxed or email applications and supporting documents will not be accepted.
17. In applying for the scholarship, can I include references?
No. References will not be considered or reviewed as part of your application.
18. While applying, can I include additional information on education, extracurricular activities, and employment?
Yes, as long as it includes and is restricted to the requested information.
19. Can I apply through an agent or a SNEPCo representative in my university or community?
No. For avoidance of doubt, SNEPCo has not authorised any person or organisation to act on its behalf with regards to the SNEPCo National Merit University scholarship programme. Prospective candidates are advised on the medium for submission of applications in the advertisements. We process these applications and the outcome is communicated directly to the candidates. Applicants are advised to protect their application details carefully; ensure they log out from their account before shutting down the computer system; and delete their personal details from public computers)
TERMS OF AWARD & ACCEPTANCE
1. How do I remain eligible for the Award?
To remain eligible you must: be a full-time student making satisfactory progress in your degree program; maintain an average minimum of 3.5 CGPA, and meet the campus’ student conduct standards. Note that, the award will be forfeited if it is discovered that you have violated the terms of the award.
2. Can I defer my scholarship?
3. I need to withdraw from a course, but I will still be a full-time student. Will this affect my Scholarship?
If you withdraw from a course, and change to another of the same duration, it will not affect the scholarship. If the withdrawal means a longer session in school, then the scholarship will be affected. Be sure to write to the Scholarship Coordinator, about the development.
4. What happens if I get a scholarship, but do not continue with a university course thereafter?
Where you do not meet the academic requirements for your course, or you are no longer a registered student of the university, or you decide not to take up the offer, any agreement related to the scholarship award will become null and void.
5. What happens if I have to interrupt my studies, or repeat a year? Will I still get my scholarship?
As a general rule, continuation of the scholarship depends on making satisfactory academic progress. Each student’s case will however be considered carefully, looking at each individual’s circumstance.
6. When does the scholarship award expire?
The scholarship award expires upon completion of the course for which the award was made.
7. I am doing a programme of study, which is longer than the usual three years. Will I get a scholarship for each year of my programme?
Yes. Scholarship will be paid for every year of your programme, irrespective of the duration, as long as you do not repeat any year.
8. Is my financial aid going to change from year to year?
SNEPCo is committed to offering a consistent aid package throughout the undergraduate years. However failure to operate in an enabling environment, may affect a beneficiary’s scholarship package.
9. Is the scholarship renewable after the first year?
Yes, the scholarship is awarded for the full duration of undergraduate study. The applicant’s mode of admission vis-à-vis the course duration is taken into consideration, in arriving at the number of academic years for the award.
10. Is there a grade point average that has to be maintained to retain the scholarship?
Yes. A GPA of 3.5minimum must be maintained to retain the scholarship; you are also required to maintain a satisfactory academic progress. If you are dismissed from the University for academic reasons, you will no longer be eligible for the scholarship.
11. My programme involves a year away from the University. Will I still get my scholarship for this year as well?
Yes, once this is confirmed, and it does not extend outside the normal duration of the programme.
12. What criterion is used in the selection of candidates? Various aspects of a candidate’s application are taken in consideration. This includes his or her academic accomplishment, aptitude test scores, as well as verification of the applicant’s admission status and other personal details.
13. Can I be a part-time student and receive the scholarship?
No. Scholarships are offered to students on full-time studies only.
14. Can I be re-awarded my scholarship if I lose it for any reason?
15. Can I use the scholarship award at any Nigerian university?
Yes, you may transfer between any campus of a university while on the scheme, as long as you maintain academic eligibility.
16. Can I apply for a scholarship if I already receive financial support or scholarship from another organisation?
Yes. However, SNEPCo should be notified if a student is a beneficiary of a scholarship in the oil and gas industry. Failure to disclose such information may lead to withdrawal of the scholarship offer.
Okay!, This is all we can say for now on NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship for 2021/2022 and how to apply, if you ever encounter any difficulties following this article or you need more info, do not hesitate to ask using the comment section below.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
- UNICAL Admission List for 2021/2022 Session: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Batch - January 21, 2021
- JAMB Change of Course, Institution & Data Correction 2021/2022 [UPDATED] - January 21, 2021
- JAMB Form 2021/2022 is Out: Starting, Closing & Exam date - January 21, 2021