National Examination Council of Nigeria (NECO) Correction of Names Fees, Requirements, Payment Guidelines and Procedures for NECO SSCE, NECO GCE, NCEE and BECE Candidates.
WAEC understands that we are all human beings and we make mistakes sometimes. That is why they made it possible for students who entered wrong names/dates of birth during WAEC registration to change Name/Date of Birth in WAEC Result.
This is to inform all candidates that made mistakes in their names while registering and sitting for any of the examinations of the National Examination Council (NECO) that they can now make corrections to their names following this guide.
Documents Needed For NECO Correction Of Names
Below are the required documents candidates must present before the correction of names can effect on their result/certificate:
- Original Birth Certificate
- Original NECO Result / Certificate (Which contains the error in names)
- Sworn Affidavit (for Correction of Name)
- Payment Receipt of the Sum of N2,500 amount as specified below for Names Correction.
NECO Correction of Names Fees [SSCE, BECE & NCEE]
- SSCE Internal (June/July) Candidates: Two Thousand Five Hundred Naira Only. (N2,500)
- SSCE External (Nov/Dec) Candidates: Two Thousand Five Hundred Naira Only. (N2,500)
- BECE Candidates: Two Thousand Five Hundred Naira Only. (N2,500)
- NCEE Candidates: Two Thousand Five Hundred Naira Only. (N2,500)
How To Change Name in NECO (Correction Of Names)
To effect the correction of Names on your NECO result or certificate, kindly follow the below guidelines:
- Kindly log on to NECO Items Online Payment Portal or Platform via https://payments.neco.gov.ng/
- Select or search for Payment Category or Payment item you want to make payment for i.e Correction of Name SSCE, BECE or NCEE e.t.c
- Payment item code is required for any NECO payment, this item code can be gotten from the NECO website. www.neco.gov.ng.
- Ensure to verify your payment before proceeding to Pay and note that Refund is not applicable once payment is completed.
- Fill the form in the box to the right and proceed to payment
- Select mode of payment i.e Bank branch payment or Debit card payment.
- Go through the transaction breakdown, read and accept the disclaimer then click the confirm button to proceed
- Verify payment details and click on the checkbox to accept the disclaimer.
- After a successful payment You will receive a payment receipt.
- Present Evidence of Payment to your nearest NECO office.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!