Professional Courses are the most prestigious body of knowledge in Nigeria. It entails the application of skills, knowledge, practices, theory and evaluation into a real life scene.
Adding it to a CV is a one sure way of boosting your chance of getting that dream job.
In Nigeria, they are a host of professional Courses but only some are approved, recommended and accredited.
Coupled with it’s relevance, professional Courses also offers fresh graduate the chance to climb the ladder of professionalism and work ethic.
So, here are the list of professional Courses in Nigeria:
- 1 1. Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM)
- 2 2. Chartered Institute of Marketing of Nigeria Certification (CIM)
- 3 3. Certified Pension Institute of Nigeria Certification (CPIN)
- 4 4. Center for Law and Business Certification
- 5 5. Business Education Exams Council Certification
- 6 6. Association of National Accountant of Nigeria Certification (ANAN)
- 7 7. Nigeria Institute of Estate Surveyors and Valuers
- 8 8. Chartered Institute of Bankers in Nigeria Certification (CIBNG)
- 9 9. Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria Certification (CTIN)
- 10 10. Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria (ICAN)
- 11 11. Chartered Institute of Bankers
- 12 12. Association of General and Private Medical Practitioners of Nigeria Certification (AGPMPN)
- 13 13. Oil and Gas Trained Services Limited
- 14 14. Financial Risk Management
- 15 15. Health Safety Environment
- 16 16. Project Management Professionals (PMP)
- 17 17. Institute of Management Technology Certification
- 18 18. Human Resources Management Certification (HR)
- 19 19. West African College of Physicians Certification
- 20 20. Certified Cost Engineering Consultants
- 21 Get More Updates Free!
1. Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM)
This instute was established in 1968 to add value and ethic to personnel management.
Originally, it was known as the Association for Practitioner Personnel management.
It aims at enrolling fresh personnel management graduates into training program in order to boost value and professionalism.
2. Chartered Institute of Marketing of Nigeria Certification (CIM)
This is a professional body made specifically for Practitioners in marketing related field.
This cuts across to Practitioners in executive officers, general managers, media planners, creative directors, brand builders, chief executive officer e.t.c
Adding this certificate to your resume as a marketing Practitioner can go a long way in improving your academic status.
3. Certified Pension Institute of Nigeria Certification (CPIN)
Certified Pension institute of Nigeria is a national body that is solely responsible for the training of pensioners across Nigeria.
It aims at adding value, professional work ethic and standard practises to pensions experts.
Also, the platform is open to all professionals in all field of endeavors.
4. Center for Law and Business Certification
This professional instute is responsible for the training of business Personnel. It aims of converting able bodied businessmen into professional business tycoon.
The body requires Candidates with short term certification in business thinking, business stragedization and business orientation.
5. Business Education Exams Council Certification
This body provide Certification that will boost your chances of employment.
This is because of it’s high demand by business firm and units across the country.
Even as a private Personnel, adding this certification will give you a wealth of experience in business management and evaluation.
6. Association of National Accountant of Nigeria Certification (ANAN)
The Association of National Accountant of Nigeria certification instill upcoming/experts of accountacy with empowerment and also boost their general professional career.
Getting it is highly recommended as it builds CV, work ethic and value.
Irrespective of your current degree, the certifications can be gotten through their training that usually last for a duration of 3 Years.
7. Nigeria Institute of Estate Surveyors and Valuers
The Institute of Estate Surveyors and Valuers was established in 1969.
It origin traces back to UK as a result of it’s link in producing the professionals who later formed the body.
This certifications offers young surveyors the chance of boosting their CV and professionalism.
8. Chartered Institute of Bankers in Nigeria Certification (CIBNG)
The chartered instute of Bankers was established in 1963.
They are solely responsible for general certification and standardization of banking in Nigeria.
9. Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria Certification (CTIN)
The Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria was established in 1982.
They add value, moral and etiquette to the taxing system.
10. Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria (ICAN)
To become a professional Accountant in Nigeria, getting a certification from Institute of Chartered accountant of Nigeria (ICAN) is the only way to go.
Getting this certification pits you high above those with BSc and HND.
This is because accounting jobs are more favorable to a professional accountant than a degree holder.
11. Chartered Institute of Bankers
This is yet another professional institute for bankers.
Getting certification by this body will boost your chances of securing a work due to it’s practical and more advanced training.
12. Association of General and Private Medical Practitioners of Nigeria Certification (AGPMPN)
The Association of General and Private Medical Practitioners of Nigeria Certification was established in 1921.
It cover all medically related field.
The body gives medical personnel an improve form of training which is needed to offer professional services in the health department.
13. Oil and Gas Trained Services Limited
The Oil and Gas Trained Services Limited offers professionalism to aspirants who wish to indulge in oil and gas exploration.
This gives you a wealth of knowledge and experience in the sector. The certification also boost your chances of getting employment.
14. Financial Risk Management
This gives all financial experts and practioners a platform to boost their CV and professionalism through intensive training on the risk control of finances.
15. Health Safety Environment
The Health Safety Environment offers certification to safety practioners.
This is mostly needed by those in the field of environmental science and engineering who are involved in Production process.
So, since safety is a number one priority in Production, getting a certification will stand you out from others.
16. Project Management Professionals (PMP)
If you are hoping towards building your project management profile, getting a certification in this course is one sure way to start.
It can be obtain by all professionals in all professions irrespective of the field of endeavorment.
17. Institute of Management Technology Certification
This institution give certifications to all aspiring candidate who wants to move their professional career to the next level.
It only requires your involvement in it’s short training program.
18. Human Resources Management Certification (HR)
This certification is specifically designed to equippe participants with a real life knowledge on effective practises on resources management.
The floor for participation is open to all O-level, Undergraduates and postgraduates graduands.
19. West African College of Physicians Certification
West African College of Physicians was established in 1976. It is meant to train and add value to highly qualified physicians.
It is also open to individuals whether an undergraduate or postgraduate.
20. Certified Cost Engineering Consultants
The Certified Cost Engineering Consultants is a professional body for cost engineers across the globe.
It gives participants a mark of professionalism in the field.
It is open to all BSc and HND holders.
From the above given list, i believe that you now know the different professional Courses in Nigeria.
Getting a professional certifications will not only boost your chances of employment but will also impact the level of skills, practices and experience needed to become a professional.
Thanks for reading. If you find the post informative don’t forget to share with your friends.