Do you want to study PHARMACY in any Nigerian University?, Do you want to know the jamb and Waec Subject Combination for Pharmacy: What is Jamb Subject combination for Pharmacy?, how many subjects am I to enrol in Waec to Study Pharmacy?. How many years does it take to study pharmacy?
In this page, we are going to show you the JAMB subject combination and requirement for PHARMACY.
we are not only going list them but we’ll also show you the UTME subject combination, O’level & Direct Entry (DE) requirement for PHARMACY in Faculty/College of MEDICAL/PHARMACEUTICAL/HEALTH SCIENCES. We will also show you the special consideration (waiver) for the said course.
The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure. It is the Accurate and Official version for the above course.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??
It means, an additional requirement for a particular course in a particular school. If your school have a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.
Note sometimes in special consideration column, the school requirement might be slightly different from the general requirement. We advise you know your desired school’s special consideration for your course. It’s NECESSARY else you might be denied admission.
UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR PHARMACY
Below is the UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION for PHARMACY;
- English Language, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION FOR UTME SUBJECTS
- No special consideration! This means that all candidates aspiring to study Pharmacy in any Nigerian University MUST write Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English Language in UTME.
UTME REQUIREMENT FOR PHARMACY
Below is the UTME Requirement for PHARMACY;
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION FOR O’LEVEL SUBJECTS
- IBADAN (UI) Same as in Medicine and Surgery.
- UNILORIN and NDU require the five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes at not more than two (2) sittings.
- UNN and UYO require the five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes at not more than two (2) sittings.
Also, Read; JAMB & WAEC Subject Combination For Pharmacy
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR PHARMACY
Below is the DIRECT ENTRY (DE) Requirement for PHARMACY;
- Three (3) ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry, Biology/Zoology and Physics or Mathematics plus UTME requirements.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION FOR DIRECT ENTRY
- UNIBEN accepts
- ‘A’ level pass in Botany in lieu of Biology.
- B.Sc. second class in related programmes.
- UNIBEN and UNIUYO do not accept ‘A’ level pass in Mathematics.
- UNILORIN accepts a minimum of twelve (12) Points or B.Sc. second class upper division in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Physiology, Zoology, Chemistry and other Basic Sciences Plant Biology and Industrial Chemistry.
- UNIJOS does not accept Mathematics for Physics. Accepts B.Sc second class and above in related programmes. It accepts Direct Entry candidates with ‘A’ level requirements plus five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- UNILAG accepts
- three (3) JUPEB/’A’-level subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- does not accept B.Sc degrees.
- NDU accepts
- a first degree in Chemistry or any of the Biological Sciences.
- ‘A’ level passes in Physics, Mathematics, or Statistics, Chemistry and Biology or Zoology or Botany at not more than two (2) sittings.
- general requirements for admission in the University, i.e credit passes in five (5) relevant subjects including Mathematics and English Language at the ‘O’ level.
- OAU accepts B.Sc. with a minimum of 2nd Class Honours in relevant programme (Sciences).
- OOU accepts Botany in lieu of Zoology.
- UNN accepts
- three (3) ‘A’ level passes to include Chemistry, Biology/Zoology/Botany and Physics plus the UTME requirements at not more than two (2) sittings.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of Biological Sciences, Health Science and Technology, or Medical Sciences with a minimum of second class lower division plus the UTME requirements.
- HND upper credit in Biological Sciences, Health Science and Technology or Medical Sciences plus the UTME requirements.
- BAYERO (BUK)
- IBADAN (UI)
Waec subject combination (requirements) for Pharmacy
O’level subject combo for Pharmacy is a little bit more when compared to Jamb. Students enrol Nine (9) Subject in WAEC, of which 5 are core. The subjects needed to study Pharmacy in WAEC must contain five (5) credit.
This subject combination is also applicable to NECO, NABTEB And GCE The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Pharmacy must include…
- English Language
- Any other Science subject
- A trade subject
Okay, This is all we can say for now on JAMB and WAEC subject combination for pharmacy 2020/2021 in Nigeria, feel free to ask any questions using the comment section below if you got any.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!