Last Updated on May 9, 2020 by Oyeniyi Michael Barry
This page contains everything you need to know about the Jamb/UTME subject combination for physiology, O’level & Direct Entry (DE) requirement for PHYSIOLOGY in Faculty/College. We will also show you the special consideration (waiver) for the said course.
It is imperative to note that you must be a Science student for you to study Physiology in Nigeria Universities. However, that’s can be possible only if you meet the admission requirements of the specific choice of institution. This page on a simple note literally covers answers to questions related to O level, Jamb and A-level admission subject combinations and requirement.
Without much ado, we’ll focus on O’level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into any Nigeria universities that offers physiology. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure. It is the Accurate and Official version for the above course.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??
It means, additional requirement for a particular course in a particular school. If your school have a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.
Note sometimes in special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement. We advice you know your desired school’s special consideration for your course. ITS NECESSARY else you might be denied admission.
Also Read; 2020/2021 JAMB Subject Combination For Law
WAEC Subject Combination (requirements) for Physiology
To study physiology in any Nigerian University, you’re expected to have a minimum of 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination. The subject combination is as well applicable to all other O’level exams like; NECO AND GCE. The WAEC subject combination for Physiology is expected to include:
- English Language
- A trade subject
UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR PHYSIOLOGY
Below is the UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION for PHYSIOLOGY;
- English Language, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION FOR UTME SUBJECTS
- OOU accepts any three (3) of Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology.
- BABCOCK – Same as for Anatomy.
- IBADAN (UI) requires three (3) ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry, Physics, Biology or Zoology plus B.Sc in relevant
- LAGOS (UNILAG) – Same as in Medicine and Surgery.
UTME REQUIREMENT FOR PHYSIOLOGY
Below is the UTME Requirement for PHYSIOLOGY;
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- UNIBEN requires at least five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes or equivalents at not more than two (2) sittings. The subjects should include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- IBADAN (UI) – As in Medicine and Surgery.
- UNILORIN accepts ‘O’ level pass in English Language with distinction in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
- DELSU requires SSC ‘O’ Level or its equivalent with credit passes in at least five (5) subjects which must include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at not more than two (2) sittings.
- FED-DUTSE requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes which must include English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- RSUST requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes at not more than two (2) sittings to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Physics.
- FUTA requires five (5) SSC credit passes or its equivalent at a maximum of two (2) sittings in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR PHYSIOLOGY
Below is the DIRECT ENTRY (DE) Requirement for PHYSIOLOGY;
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes chosen from Chemistry, Physics and Biology/Zoology.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION FOR DIRECT ENTRY
- AAU – Same as for Medical Laboratory Science.
- ABUAD requires three (3) ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry, Physics and Biology/Zoology
- UNIBEN accepts
- three (3) ‘A’ level passes or equivalents at not more than two (2) sittings. The Subjects are Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Zoology in addition to ‘O’ level requirements.
- at least a second class lower division in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Zoology and Botany.
- UNICAL and PHC – No direct entry
- IBADAN – As for Biochemistry.
- UNILORIN requires ‘A’ level passes from Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- UNILAG accepts passes in three (3) JUPEB/‘A’ level subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology.
- LAUTECH accepts ‘A’ level passes in Biology and Chemistry or Physics or ND/HND upper credit in relevant programme.
- FED-DUTSE requires three (3) ‘A’ Level subjects in Biology, Chemistry and Physics obtained ftom IJMB.
- DELSU requires:
a) HSC or GCE ‘A’ Level or its equivalent passes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Zoology (Botany may be accepted in lieu of Biology or Zoology.
b) First degree in relevant Biological Sciences not below Second Class Lower Division.
- FUTA requires;
a) A minimum of Upper Credit at National Diploma Level from recognised Polytechnics and Colleges of Technology in relevant disciplines; or
b) ‘A’ Level passes or its equivalent (such as GCE Cambridge, JUPEB etc.) at one sitting in at least two (2) Science subjects including Biology.
List of Universities Offering Physiology in Nigeria
Below are the list of accredited universities in Nigeria known to offer physiology currently;
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Adeleke University Ede (AUE)
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- ECWA Bingham University, New Karu
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Bowen University, Iwo
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Cross River State University of Science &Technology, Calabar (CRUTECH)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI)
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Gregory University, Uturu
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- Igbinedion University Okada
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Madonna University, Okija
- Northwest University Kano (NWU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Ondo State University of Medical Sciences (OSUMS)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Uyo
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!