Do you want to study Medicine and Surgery in any Nigerian University?? Then FlashAcademy have got you covered.
In this page we are going to show you the JAMB subject combination for Medicine and Surgery and other Requirements to study Medicine and Surgery.
In this page we are going to show you the UTME subject combination, O’level & Direct Entry (DE) requirement for Medicine and Surgery in Faculty/College of MEDICAL/PHARMACEUTICAL/HEALTH SCIENCES. We will also show you the special consideration (waiver) for the said course.
The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure. It is the Accurate and Official version for the above course.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??
It means, additional requirement for a particular course in a particular school. If your school have a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.
Note sometimes in special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement. We advice you know your desired school’s special consideration for your course. ITS NECESSARY else you might be denied admission.
- 1 UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR MEDICINE AND SURGERY
- 2 UTME REQUIREMENT FOR MEDICINE AND SURGERY
- 3 DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR MEDICINE AND SURGERY
- 4 LIST OF BEST UNIVERSITIES TO STUDY MEDICINE AND SURGERY
- 5 How Many Years Does It Take To Study Medicine and Surgery In Nigeria?
- 6 Medicine and Surgery is under which faculty in Nigeria?
UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR MEDICINE AND SURGERY
Below is the UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION for Medicine and Surgery;
- English Language, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION FOR UTME SUBJECTS
- NTNU accepts Chemistry, Biology and any other Science subject.
- UDU and MAIDUGURI (UNIMAID) accept Mathematics in lieu of Physics..
UTME REQUIREMENT FOR MEDICINE AND SURGERY
Below is the UTME Requirement for Medicine and Surgery;
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION FOR O’LEVEL SUBJECTS
- UNIBEN, IBADAN (UI), IMSU, ABSU, EBSU, UNIOSUN, COOU, DELSU and BOWEN require the ‘O’ level credit passes at one (1) sitting.
- UNILORIN requires five (5) O’ Level credit passes at only one (1) sitting and minimum score as determined by the University Senate in UTME.
- NDU requires the O’ level credit passes at not more than two (2) sittings.
- NTNU accepts credit pass in any Science subject in lieu of Physics.
- UNN accepts Physics with Chemistry (as a single subject) for Physics and Chemistry. UNN requirements should be at one (1) sitting.
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR MEDICINE AND SURGERY
Below is the DIRECT ENTRY (DE) Requirement for Medicine and Surgery;
- ‘A’ level passes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Zoology in addition to the UTME requirements
- BSC, BOS, etc in relevant programme.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION FOR DIRECT ENTRY
- ABSU – all candidates no matter their mode of admission are required to have ‘O’ level or its equivalent with credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at one (1) sitting.
- ABSU, AAU and OOU accept Degree in related programme.
- UNIABUJA requires DE candidates to fulfil the UTME requirements.
- BENIN accepts
- at least three (3) ‘A’ level passes not more than C or a minimum of 12 points in Biology or Zoology, Physics and Chemistry at not more than one (1) sitting.
- at least a Second Class Upper Division from a recognised University in either B.Sc Biological Sciences or B.Sc. Medical Sciences.
- BINGHAM and PHC – No Direct Entry
- BSU, IMSU and LASU accept a good Honours degree minimum of Second Class Upper in relevant programme.
- UNICAL accepts Degree not below a good Second Class Lower Division in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, Nursing Science, Medical Laboratory, Biology, Zoology or Chemistry. Does not accept IJMB for Direct Entry.
- EBSU accepts B.Sc Second Class Upper Division in any Biological Science plus ‘0’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics at one (1) sitting.
- UNILORIN accepts B.Sc Second Class Honours in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Physiology, Zoology and other Basic Science programme. Also accepts a minimum aggregate of 13 points.
- UNILORIN accepts minimum aggregate of 13 Points. Accepts B.Sc. Second Class Upper Division in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Physiology, Zoology.
- UNJOS requires DE candidates to fulfil the UTME requirements.
- UNILAG accepts
- JUPEB/‘A’ level passes in Physics Chemistry and Biology.
- B.Sc. first class/second class upper in programmes such as Physiology, Biochemistry, Physiotherapy, Ophthalmology, Pharmacology and Zoology.
- LASU requires a minimum of C in each of the subjects and will consider a Bachelor of Science with a minimum of second class upper division.
- LAUTECH accepts ‘A’ level passes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Zoology plus the UTME requirements to be considered for admission into 200 level.
- NDU accepts
- ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry, Biology and Physics with a minimum of 10 points at not more than two (2) sittings.
- a B.Sc. with a minimum of second class upper division in Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics and Botany.
- OAU accepts B.Sc. with a minimum of second class upper division in relevant programme (Sciences).
- OOU and UNICAL accept degree in Science not below Second Class Lower Division.
- UDU, MAIDUGURI and EBSU accept ‘A’ level pass in Mathematics in lieu of Physics.
- UNIOSUN accepts
- a minimum of 10 points in Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Zoology at ‘A’ level or equivalents.
- first degree in relevant Biomedical Sciences Medical, paramedical, Biological, Chemical or Physical Sciences with not less than second class upper division.
LIST OF BEST UNIVERSITIES TO STUDY MEDICINE AND SURGERY
- BAYERO (BUK)
- BAUCHI (ATBU)
- IBADAN (UI)
How Many Years Does It Take To Study Medicine and Surgery In Nigeria?
For candidates/students who gained admission to study medicine and Surgery at the university through JAMB UTME will study Medicine and Surgery for four(4) years with the exception of Asuu Strike and other sudden occurrences. And for those who gain admission through direct entry, you will study medicine and surgery course for three(3) years. Provided you have no extension; popularly known as carryover courses.
Medicine and Surgery is under which faculty in Nigeria?
Medicine and Surgery as a course in most Nigerian universities is under the Faculty/School/College of Medical, Pharmaceutical and Health Science but may be under a different faculty in some universities in Nigeria,however the course is a hot cake one in the outside world.
This brings us to the end of the JAMB subject combinations and requirements to study Medicine and Surgery in any university in Nigeria. Feel free to ask any questions if you get confused or you need more information studying medicine and surgery.