JAMB & WAEC SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR POLITICAL SCIENCE 2021/2022 – Do you want to study Political Science as a course/programme in any Nigerian University?
In this page we are going to show you the UTME subject combination, O’level & Direct Entry (DE) requirement for Political Science in Faculty of Arts. We will also show you the special consideration (waiver) for the course.
- Political Science O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Political Science Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Political Science UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Political Science.
The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure. It is the Accurate and Official version for the above course.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??
It means, additional requirement for a particular course in a particular school. If your school have a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.
Note sometimes in special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement. We advice you know your desired school’s special consideration for your course. ITS NECESSARY else you might be denied admission.
- 1 WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Political Science
- 2 JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Political Science
- 3 Direct Entry Requirement (required A-level result) to Study Political Science
- 4 list of Universities offering Political Science in Nigeria
- 5 Cut-off Mark for Political Science course
- 6 How Many Years Does it Take To Study Political Science?
- 7 Political Science is under which faculty in Nigeria?
- 8 Can a science or commercial student study Political Science?
- 9 Special Consideration
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Political Science
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Political Science in Nigeria universities. These subjects combination are also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Political Science must include:
- English Language
- Any other three subjects from Arts/Social Science with at least a pass in Mathematics.
- A trade subject
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any universities, college or polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Political Science. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Political Science, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Political Science
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Political Science that you must register and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 200 and above in JAMB UTME instead of 180 to be on a safe side because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME.
Please note– If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Political Science. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination to study Political Science must include:
- Two other Social Science or Arts subject
Direct Entry Requirement (required A-level result) to Study Political Science
If you’re one of those seeking admission into the University to further your studies, in addition to the required WAEC subjects combination for Political Science, you are expected to have Two A’ level passes to include Government or History.
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Political Science, don’t give up. You should consider other Political Science similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related courses.
list of Universities offering Political Science in Nigeria
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bayero University, Kano
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- ECWA Bingham University, New Karu
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Ekiti State University
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Gregory University, Uturu
- Gombe State University, Gombe
- University of Ibadan (UI), Igbinedion University Okada
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Kogi State University Anyigba
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Madonna University, Okija
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
- Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Ondo State University of Medical Sciences (OSUMS)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Uyo.
Cut-off Mark for Political Science course
The truth here is that the cut-off mark for Political Science is not stable. However, you can check the universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Political Science is a lucrative course and you can also check the top best courses for Art Students. on thi_ note, political Science does not have a specific cut off mark but most universities place the cutoff mark in 200.
In other words, you must attain a minimum of 200 in your JAMB UTME examination before you can apply for political science in most universities.
How Many Years Does it Take To Study Political Science?
Political Science in Nigerian University is a four(4) years course for those who gain admission through JAMB utme. While those who gain admission through direct entry, will study this course for three(3) years.
Political Science is under which faculty in Nigeria?
Political Science as a course in most Nigerian universities is under the Faculty/School/College of Art but may be under a different faculty in some universities though it is under this same faculty for JAMB UTME.
Can a science or commercial student study Political Science?
Yes! you can study political science either as a science student or a commercial student at any universities of your choice provided you have the required JAMB and waec subjects combination for political science.
If you’re still in secondary school, and you’re interested in political science, you’re adviced to follow the subject combinations in this article while you still have the opportunity before registration for waec, neco or any other O’level examination.
Also, while doing WAEC or NECO registration make sure you select these subjects because you won’t have the chance to do corrections. Although the next opportunity you may have is to register the required subject combinations for Political Science through GCE.