How To Use JAMB CAPS System To Check Admission Status – How Do I know whether Jamb or School has given me admission for 2019/2020 Session? This is the question so many aspirants have been asking me since I wrote an article on when Jamb will start given admission for 2019.
Although, they’re also lots of mail I get recently of students asking pertaining how to figure out whether they’ve been admitted or not. Well, the questions include;
- How To Use JAMB CAPS System To Check Admission Status?
- How To know if you have been admitted on jamb caps or not
- How Do I check My admission status using CAPS as introduced by JAMB
- How can I accept My admission on JAMB Caps Portal
- What Is the consequence of not accepting My admission on JAMB’s CAPS.
- Is there a Second chance if I reject my admission on the CAPS system?.
Do not worry, I will definitely provide answers to all this questions after we have successfully seen how to Use JAMB CAPS System To Check Admission Status.
- 1 How to Know If I Have Accepted Admission on Jamb Page
- 2 How To Reject Admission in Jamb Caps
- 3 How To Request Desktop Version Of Jamb Caps Portal To Check 2019 Admission Status
- 4 How To Allow Pop Ups On Jamb Site
- 5 JAMB CAPS ADMISSION STATUS MESSAGES.
- 6 Use JAMB CAPS System To Check Admission Status
- 6.1 How Do I check My Admission Status Using JAMB CAPS portal
- 6.2 How Can I Accept My Admission On JAMB CAPS Profile
- 6.3 What Is The Consequence of Not Accepting My Admission On JAMB CAPS portal
- 6.4 Is there a Second Chance If I reject My admission On JAMB CAPS Portal?
- 6.5 Jamb Caps Market Place Operations
- 6.6 Others Are Reading!!!
How to Know If I Have Accepted Admission on Jamb Page
Confirming whether you have accepted admission on Jamb caps portal or mistakenly clicked on reject is simple. After accepting the admission, the Reject Admission button will be blank. You can no longer click on the link. Accept admission link will still be clickable.Under the accept admission button, you will see Record(s) Successfully updated!
How To Reject Admission in Jamb Caps
To Reject your admission on Jamb caps portal, simply click on the Reject button. You will be asked, “are you sure you want to reject the admission? Reject the admission if you are not okay with the school and course you are offered admission to study.
Confirming whether you have rejected admission on Jamb caps or mistakenly clicked on accept is simple. After rejecting the admission status, the Accept button will be blank. You can no longer click on the link. Reject admission link will still be clickable. Under the reject admission button, you will see Record(s) Successfully updated!
How To Request Desktop Version Of Jamb Caps Portal To Check 2019 Admission Status
We can not debate the fact that Phones have taken over laptops when it comes to browsing. However, there are certain things you can not see when you are viewing a mobile version of a website. A good example is when you are checking admission status on Jamb caps portal.
After Jamb Caps Login, many candidates are stuck at the welcome page without a button to click. This makes many of them run to cyber cafes when they can check admission status on their phone. This is where Desktop version comes in. Desktop version will help your phone display sites the way it would appear in Laptops/Desktops.
By requesting desktop version, you can see what cyber cafes see on their laptop right on your phone. With this, you can check your admission status on Caps on your own. It is very easy to request desktop version.
I will show you how to switch to desktop version on Operamin, Firefox, Safari and Google chrome. I’m sure that you should be using at least one of those browsers.
How To Allow Pop Ups On Jamb Site
Here is how to allow pop ups on jamb site in 2020.
In case you are a jamb candidate (Jambite), you may have noticed that you have problems with jamb portal when you don’t enable pop ups.
For example, if I want to check my jamb admission status on jamb portal or print my jamb original result, it will not show until I do the required thing.
Follow the steps below, trust me I have tried and tested it and it working well.
- Go to the jamb site, in case you are not already on the site.
- Click on the three (3) dots at the right hand side on your browser [chrome].
- Scroll down and click on settings.
- Move down to site settings in settings.
- Click on pop ups and redirects in the site settings.
- Allow pop ups on jamb site by clicking the allow button.
It is as simple as that, read the steps again if you still don’t get it.
JAMB CAPS ADMISSION STATUS MESSAGES.
After following the steps outlined above in other to check if you have been offered admission on the JAMB CAPS portal, there are series of messages you are bound to see after you have input your JAMB Registration Number.
Below are the messages you will likely receive when you check your admission status using the JAMB caps and what you need to do concerning that.
If you check your admission status and what you see is admitted, then congratulations as you have been offered admission and you can now proceed to accept the admission and follow the next instruction after accepting your admission.
If after checking your admission status and you see Recommended, it means you may have been offered admission in other school other than the one you chose or an opportunity was opened for you in another school.
The Third set of message you may likely see when trying to check if you have been offered admission is Not Admitted, in this case, you have been considered for admission just yet or you will not be offered admission at all. If you see this message, you are not allowed to accept the admission.
ADMISSION IN PROGRESS, CHECK BACK LATER
If you see the above message bearing admission in progress, check back later, then it has a straight forward explanation which means that your school is yet to release they admission list or that they are still releasing the admission list.
If your portal shows approved, then congratulations, as JAMB has approved the admission offered to you.
Use JAMB CAPS System To Check Admission Status
For those of you who are still lost, CAPS is Central Admission Processing System and was recently introduced by JAMB.
Therefore, to check you admission status on JAMB’s CAPS portal, simply follow the instructions below.
- Stroll into any cyber cafe or of course you can use your smartphone if you have data
- Then, click on your fastest and most reliable browser especially google chrome.
- Visit the JAMB CAPS admission checking portal by clicking here.
Immediately you click that, the portal will open as shown below
- Then input your JAMB registration number in the space where you will see UTME Registration number at the JAMB CAPS homepage.
- Information such as institution, date of birth, JAMB score and others will be required of you immediately you click on submit.
- You will immediately see two options which is either to accept or reject the admission.
- Of course, if you like the course given to you click on accept
- If you don’t like the course given to you click on accept or reject but I will advice you to accept if it’s same institution except you will like to get admission through IJMB instantly and meet up with your mates in 200L.
- Also, if the institution and course space is not showing anything or blank as the case maybe, do not click on accept admission but just patiently keep checking back.
- lastly, note that immediately you accept admission offered to you, then your admission opportunity for the year running is closed.
Now, let me quickly answer the questions I earlier talked about.
How Do I check My Admission Status Using JAMB CAPS portal
I have already explained this above.
Follow the step by step process carefully and you will be on track.
How Can I Accept My Admission On JAMB CAPS Profile
This is very simple.
If you follow the process outlined in the article on how Use JAMB CAPS System To Check Admission Status above.’
It gets to a point where you are only left with just two choice
- To accept the admission given to you
- To reject the admission
If accept admission shows when you have not been offered admission, do not panic, it doesn’t have any effect.
What Is The Consequence of Not Accepting My Admission On JAMB CAPS portal
If you did not accept your admission it means you did it intentionally.
This may be due to the fact that you were given a course you didn’t like or you want to prepare for JAMB 2019.
If the first case is the case, you might be lucky to see another course if you keep checking.
If the second case is the case, read up about JAMB 2020 registration form and guide using the link here.
Is there a Second Chance If I reject My admission On JAMB CAPS Portal?
You just rejected it, that’s all for the year 2019.
The Market Place feature in CAPS provides flexibility for the Institutions to source for candidates who may not have earlier chosen the institution for Admission consideration.
Institutions may specify various selection parameters such as UTME score, State/ Local Government, Gender, preferred programmes /course of the Candidates.
The List of Candidates so selected from the Market Place are then pushed to JAMB who then notify the Candidates of Market Place consideration by Institutions. A candidate may Accept / Reject Market Place consideration, subject to a maximum of three (3) Market Place considerations at a time.
The Candidates could also approach the Market Place to announce availability for Admission consideration from any institution or for any programme different from those earlier indicated during the UTME Registration, provided s/he has requisite O’ Level Results and wrote the required subject combination in the UTME.
Any agreement or understanding on Admission consideration between the Institution and candidate based on Market Place operations will have to be effected with a requirement for the Candidate to effect a Change of Institution on the JAMB Portal to be available for Download (Step 6 above) by the new Institution to follow the subsequent steps in the Admission Process.
This is all we can say for now on the topic “How To Use JAMB CAPS System To Check Admission Status – Step By Step Guide”.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to scroll down to the comment box.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.