How to Link Your MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile Lines to NIN
Linking your NIN with your MTN, Airtel, Glo and 9mobile (Etisalt) line is now important as Nigerian telecommunication service providers have announced that every line that is not linked with their NIN will be banned by 31st of December 2021. However, here are the simple steps that subscribers can take to link their phone numbers with their National Identity Number (NIN).
The Nigerian Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has also directed that subscribers can link their NIN to more than one sim card. This can be done by taking their NIN to the office of their service providers.
The commission warned the general public to beware of fraudsters and scammers who are on the prowl to swindle unsuspecting people.
NIMC said that Nigerians already enrolled in the NIMC scheme but have lost their NIN should dial *346# to retrieve the NIN. It also said that USSD code is available on MTN, Airtel, Glo and 9mobile.
However, some Nigerians who have the NIN are still unsure how to go about linking their phone numbers to the 11-digit number.
Here are the steps to link your NIN with your phone number easily!
How to Link MTN Number with NIN
To link your NIN, simply dial *785#Your NIN# from the phone number you wish to link. The number will be linked to your NIN automatically.
- visit https://mtnonline.com/nim/ using your phone or computer.
- Complete the NIN linking form by entering your name, phone number, NIN, and email address.
- Submit the form as soon as you’re done and wait for feedback from the network.
How to Link Airtel Line with NIN
To link your NIN to your Airtel phone number:
- Dial *121# on the Airtel line you wish to link.
- Type 1 for “NIN Capture” and send.
- Enter your 11-digit NIN and send.
- Wait for the message confirming your submission.
How to Link NIN with Glo Line
Subscribers are to text “UPDATENIN followed by the NIN First Name Last Name” to 109 or simply visit the nearest Globacom office to register/link their NIN.
How To Link your NIN to your 9mobile line
9mobile have open an online portal for NIN linking. Follow the steps below to link your NIN to your SIM
- Open https://nin.9mobile.com.ng/ on your device browser
- Enter phone number
- Enter NIN
Obviously, Linking and connecting your NIN with your mobile number is not big deal, Even if most Nigerians feels it’s not worth the alarm by FG.
Here you have it a complete guide on how to link your NIN to your 9mobile, MTN, Airtel and Glo line. Do Ensue you link your SIM to avoid being blocked or disconnected.
I hope this article have been resourceful to you. Please feel free to drop your questions and contributions in the comment box.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
- DOWNLOAD: The Life Changer by Khadija Abubakar Jalli (PDF Download) - April 12, 2021
- JAMB 2021 Literature Novel – Recommended Novels for JAMB 2021 - April 12, 2021
- Download JAMB Syllabus PDF For All Subjects 2021/2022 - April 12, 2021