Today we will be discussing jamb market place and why you should exploit it. Too many jamb candidates have been asking about Jamb Market Place and want to know what to access it.
Firstly, do you know that you can gain admission into a University or Polytechnic you never choose during jamb?
This is made possible through Jamb Market Place. The Market Place feature enables different Universities or Polytechnics to source for candidates who may meet their admission criteria and didn’t initially choose them.
Some institutions may specify various selection parameters such as UTME score, State/ Local Government, Gender, preferred programmes/course of the Candidates.
This is what Jamb caps marketplace consideration is all about. Jamb checks your score, local government and course them shares with other schools.
Some of these schools now luckily consider you for admission.
- 1 What is Jamb Market Place?
- 2 What You Can Do On Jamb caps Market Place
- 3 How To Access Jamb Caps Market Place
- 4 Not Admitted In My Jamb Caps Market Place
- 5 HOW TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION IN JAMB MARKET PLACE CONSIDERATION.
What is Jamb Market Place?
The feature of market place in Jamb Caps Provides flexibility for Institutions (Universities) to source for Candidates who did not Choose them while registering for jamb earlier for admission Consideration.
In other words, Market allows university give admission to candidates who did not choose them either as first, second or even third choice.
What You Can Do On Jamb caps Market Place
The jamb Caps Market place features so many benefits for both candidates who is lost hope for admission and institutions seeking for students. So below I’ll give the usefulness of Jamb market place and Everything You can do in Jamb Caps Market Place.
The Jamb Caps Market Place allows candidates to announce the availability of admission consideration for any University, Course or programmes that the Candidate did not choose when he/she registered for jamb.
After the agreement between the institution and the candidate for admission consideration, the candidate will have to effect/apply for change of course or institution on jamb for proper admission processing.
How To Access Jamb Caps Market Place
Here’s the steps to access the jamb caps market place and everything you need to know.
- Open your browser and search to http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility
- a space will be provided where you are to enter your email and password
- now that you have fully logged in, click on the options button ( the button with 3 dash) at the top of the page. Then click CAPS under the admission TAB.
- note: make use of desktop view on you device or preferably make use of a laptops to do this
- at your left hand side you Click on ‘MARKETPLACE’.
Not Admitted In My Jamb Caps Market Place
Accept The Admission Status:
If you see not admitted yet in your Jamb Caps market place it means your school hasn’t started giving admission and all you have to do is close the page and keep checking back. Don’t click on the accept admission TAB.
By the time your school of choice releases her admission list,you will not only see the “ACCEPT” icon but also a ‘DECLINE’ icon . You are enjoined not to click on the ‘ACCEPT’ icon until you receive an admission notification from your institution of choice.
I Mistakenly Click Accept Admission In My Caps Portal?
If you mistakenly accepted admission when you have not been offered admission by any school yet then I don’t think that would be an issue.
The main issue is when you have been offered admission in a particular school already and you accepted it. It then means that your door of admission for that year has closed.
How long does the JAMB Caps Admission Last?
It’s required that you choose the ‘Accept or Reject the Admission’ because the admission only lasts for 72 hours, that’s three days. For this reason, it’s required that you check JAMB Caps often (more frequently).
Important notice to all Jambites: Do not accept admission on JAMB CAPS Portal until your name is being shortlisted among the prospective candidates offered provisional admission into your university of choice.
I used the wrong email address to register for JAMB, how can I login to check my status?
In this section, I will advise you to visit to the nearest Jamb office around you. They will help you to rectify this and any related problem.
Is it a must to upload your result again after initially uploading it during JAMB registration process?
Well, not really, unless required. The case is different if it’s for awaiting result.
If your questions aren’t treated here, you can do well to drop it in the comment section on this post. We will like to get your feedback too
HOW TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION IN JAMB MARKET PLACE CONSIDERATION.
When you visit caps marketplace, you will see something like, the following institutions are considering you for admission, click on accept/reject button, to either accept or reject the offer.
Please be informed that accepting the offer does not mean you have been admitted, it simply implies that you have accepted to be considered for admission by the institution.
If you don’t like the school, don’t accept. Accepting means you have agreed to be a candidate of the institution that has considered you for admission.
A candidate may Accept / Reject Jamb Market Place consideration, subject to a maximum of three (3) Market Place considerations at a time.
What is my username for JAMB CAPS?
Some encounter some problem here thinking that their JAMB registration number is the username.
Nah! Your username is your email address.
Why is my JAMB CAPS login page showing ‘invalid Credentials’?
Well, this is quite a normal issue that a conventional site faces. Such may happen if you want to login with your friend’s phone, but trust me, it doesn’t call for panicking.
The problem could be that you didn’t put the right password or your email (username) was incorrectly spelt. The other could possibly be from their server or poor network signal.
When you also have any other problem that has to do with to login on JAMB CAPS portal (that persists), you can use chrome and change the view to desktop view. Other browsers like Opera may not be effective at some point (my personal view though). Although some may prefer Opera mini since it helps to locate the link easily where you easily change the default on the link to candidate admission to quickly get your page opened.
What’s JAMB official website?
HOW TO CHECK 2019 JAMB ADMISSION STATUS
Below are the steps on how to Check 2018 Admission Status on JAMB CAPS Portal:
- Visit jamb.org.ng/efacility
- Log in your email address (as user name) and password as well that you used for JAMB registration
- Click on Check 2018 UTME/DE Admission on CAPS (as the year of registration)
Preferably, use a desktop site view.
- Click on Admission Status on CAPS
- When your registration number displays, fill in your registration number and click on Search.
- Scroll down then Click Accept/Reject Admission to Accept or Reject the Admission
How do I check my admission status in caps portal and can I accept or reject admission if I have not been offered admission yet?
Below are the steps on How To Check Your 2018 or 2019 Admission Status In JAMB Caps Portal And Accept Or Reject It:
- Ensure you have active data bundle.
- Open your favourite browser (Preferably, Google Chrome).
- Visit the jamb caps admission checking portal using this link http://caps.jamb.gov.ng/acceptadmission.aspx.
- Then scroll down to check CAPS UTME/DE Admission status.
- Click on UTME/DE Admission button to check and accept/reject your 2018 status of admission.
- Your details including Jamb score, institution, date of birth,etc will appear when you have successfully logged in to Jamb caps portal.
- If you are given admission and you like the school then click on accept admission.
- If the institution and course space is blank or you have not been offered admission then don’t click on accept admission. Just keep checking back.
- Be very careful not to accept admission when you are not offered (or when you have hope of gaining admission in a better school).
- Once you accept the admission offered you then your admission door is closed for that year.
- On the other hand, if you see welcome while you click on CAPS, don’t be annoyed. Just use desktop version to see the menu and then click on check admission status (Click on the three dots on Google Chrome and scroll down to see desktop site).
In Conclusion, Consider Jamb Market Place like a real market where you go to buy or sell things. What am I trying to say? In Jamb Market Place, it’s not just the institution that sources for students but students can also make themselves available to institutions to consider them for admission.
This is made very flexible because a student can indicate a new course from the one earlier chosen provided it’s O’ Level result is complete and also, the subject combination earlier chosen in UTME correlate with the new course.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- My status is showing ” recommended” can I accept it
- My status is showing “Admission in progress” what does it mean
- Mine is showing Welcome…
- I have been admitted in to AAU, but I checked on jamb caps, but I’m still seeing not admitted…What do you think could be the problem sir?
- Jamb caps has admitted me but school says no admission given yet.
- How do I check my Second choice school admission list on caps portal
- Meaning of welcome and recommended in Jamb caps
- Jamb.org.ng/efacility admission status checking
- Jamb caps admission list
- Latest on jamb caps admission.
- Has Jamb started giving admission on caps?
- How do I accept admission on Jamb caps
- How do I reject admission On Jamb caps
- What will happen if I reject or reject admission on Jamb caps
- How do I check my Second choice school admission list on caps portal.
- What’s Jamb caps portal website or link
- How to Check JAMB Admission Status
Okay!, This is all we have to say for now on the topic How To Check Jamb Caps Market place For Provisional Admission, If you have any questions or contribution, do not hesitate to ask using the comment section below.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!