The question as to whether a person can combine WAEC and NECO results for admission into any university or polytechnic in Nigeria is one of the most asked questions amongst Nigerian students. Just recently, I received an email from one of my visitors saying “Can I combine WAEC and NECO result for admission into the University of Nigeria, Nsukka?”. Well, I gave him an explicit answer to that question. But that notwithstanding, i have decided to make a special post for that question so that nobody else will be perplexed again.
Meanwhile, if you are yet to take your JAMB examination, I enjoin you to quickly read my article on how to pass JAMB examination excellently here. Trust me; it will be of great help to you too. Now let’s get back to the business of the day!
CAN WAEC AND NECO RESULTS BE COMBINED?
Yes! It is possible to combine WAEC and NECO results for admission into any tertiary institutions in Nigeria. Many universities in Nigeria allow for the combination of both WAEC and NECO results. Accordingly, polytechnics in Nigeria also allow the combination of WAEC and NECO results.
Nevertheless, it should be noted that while it is possible to combine both WAEC and NECO results for admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria, not all schools accept it. This is one of the disadvantages of using combined results when seeking admission in Nigeria. More details will be given on this as we continue.
Important Things You Should Know About Combining WAEC And NECO Result
- Not all schools in Nigeria accept WAEC and NECO combination. Even if they do, it is not for all courses.
- In some schools, while 5 credits (In just one sitting) are required for gaining admission, 6 credits are required for two sittings (That is if you want to combine WAEC and NECO).
- In the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN), University of Lagos (UNILAG), University of Benin (UNIBEN), Delta State University (DELSU), and University of Ilorin (UNILORIN), only one of WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB result can be used for admission into medicine and surgery.
Before proceeding to use a combination of WAEC and NECO result for admission, i enjoin you to inquire whether the school you want to study in, accept it. This is very essential.
- Most populated universities in Nigeria.
- Less competitive universities that offer admission easily in Nigeria.
Well, that is all I have to say on the question as to whether a person can combine WAEC and NECO results for admission into any tertiary institution in Nigeria. Meanwhile, If you have any questions to ask me, do that using the comment section below this post.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
- List of Schools of Nursing in Nigeria & School Fees (2021) - February 24, 2021
- UNIABUJA School Fees for 2020/2021 [New & Returning Students] - February 23, 2021
- JAMB Subject Combination For All Courses 2021/2022 [Art, Sciences, Engineering, Social Sciences] - February 19, 2021