In this page, We’ll be discussing about the JAMB subject combination for Anatomy, waec subject combination for Anatomy and requirement for Anatomy in Faculty/College of MEDICAL/PHARMACEUTICAL/HEALTH SCIENCES.
Please note that you must be a Science student for you to study Anatomy in any Nigerian Universities, and that’s can only be possible if you attain the admission requirements for your institution of choice. On a clear picture, This page of no doubt literally covers answers to questions related to O’level subject combination for Anatomy, Jamb subject combination for Anatomy and A-level admission requirement.
WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission into Universities of your Choice in Nigeria.
The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from official JAMB Official Brochure. It is the Accurate and Official version for the above course.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)?
It means, additional requirement for a particular course in a particular school. If your school have a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.
Note sometimes in special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement. We advice you know your desired school’s special consideration for your course. ITS NECESSARY else you might be denied admission.
What is Anatomy course all about?
Anatomy according to Wikipedia (Greek anatomē, “dissection”) is the branch of biology concerned with the study of the structure of organisms and their parts. Anatomy is a branch of natural science which deals with the structural organization of living things. It is an old science, having its beginnings in prehistoric times. Anatomy is inherently tied to developmental biology, embryology, comparative anatomy, evolutionary biology, and phylogeny, as these are the processes by which anatomy is generated over immediate (embryology) and long (evolution) timescales. Anatomy and physiology, which study (respectively) the structure and function of organisms and their parts, make a natural pair of related disciplines, and they are often studied together. Human anatomy is one of the essential basic sciences that are applied in medicine.
The discipline of anatomy is divided into macroscopic and microscopic anatomy. Macroscopic anatomy, or gross anatomy, is the examination of an animal’s body parts using unaided eyesight. Gross anatomy also includes the branch of superficial anatomy. Microscopic anatomy involves the use of optical instruments in the study of the tissues of various structures, known as histology, and also in the study of cells.
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Anatomy
To study Anatomy, it is a must you have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Anatomy. This subject combination is applicable to all other O’level results. The WAEC subject combination for Anatomy must include:
- English Language
- A trade subject
UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR ANATOMY
Below is the UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION for Anatomy;
- English Language, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION FOR ANATOMY.
- ABUAD accepts Physics, Chemistry and Biology OR Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
- BABCOCK accepts any three (3) of Physics, Chemistry Biology and Mathematics.
- BSU, UNIZIK, EBSU, ABU, UNICAL, UNILORIN and PHC require Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- OOU accepts any three (3) of Physics/Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology.
UTME REQUIREMENT FOR ANATOMY
Below is the O’level Requirement for Anatomy;
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION FOR ANATOMY.
- UNICAL requires Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- EBSU accepts only one (1) sitting.
- UNIMAID accepts Mathematics in lieu of Physics.
Also Read; 2021/2022 JAMB Subject Combination For Law
Below is the DIRECT ENTRY (DE) Requirement for Anatomy;
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes chosen from Biology, Chemistry and Physics in addition to the UTME requirements.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION FOR ANATOMY.
- ABUAD requires three (3) ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
- UNICAL and PHC-No direct entry.
- EBSU accepts B.Sc 2nd class upper division in any Biological Science programme plus ‘O’ level credit passes in English language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics at one (1) sitting.
- LAUTECH accepts ‘A’ level or its equivalent with good passes in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. ND with upper credit in related programme plus the UTME requirements may be considered for admission into 200 level.
List of Universities offering Anatomy in Nigeria
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bayero University, Kano
- ECWA Bingham University, New Karu
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI)
- Gregory University, Uturu
- Igbinedion University Okada
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Madonna University, Okija
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Northwest University Kano (NWU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Ondo State University of Medical Sciences (OSUMS)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
Cut-off Mark for Anatomy course
Anatomy does’nt actually have a specific cutoff mark, in other words, the cutoff mark varies across all universities. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here.
How Many Years Does It Take to Study Anatomy?
To study Anatomy In Nigeria through JAMB UTME, you will study Anatomy for four years. While If you gain admission through direct entry, you will study this course for only three years.
Nevertheless, Anatomy takes a total of four (4) years for the JAMB candidates and three (3) years for the Direct entry candidates respectively.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
- Less Competitive Universities in Nigeria for Easy Admission (2021) - February 26, 2021
- List of Schools of Nursing in Nigeria & School Fees (2021) - February 24, 2021
- UNIABUJA School Fees for 2020/2021 [New & Returning Students] - February 23, 2021